Skip to main content

The GM Tech2 review

I saw another forum member talking about getting a GM Tech2 and I was pretty skeptical, but after he posted that it was working fine, I had to try one.
I ordered one from Obd2tool.com on July 10th and it arrived on July 19th via DHL. This is the package I received from China.
Opened it up.
9-2
Taking it out.
9-3
All of it out and unpackaged.
9-4
Connector ends.
9-5
Software CD.
9-6
Apply your own stickers!
9-7
CANdi module and cables
9-8
The new clone on the left, and my original legit GM Tech2 on the right. (stickers not applied yet)
9-9
Back side.
9-10
Bottom port.
9-11
Right side.
9-12
Top side.
9-13
Left side.
9-14
The back side after applying stickers.
9-15
The VCI module pulled out.
9-16
The 32mb PCMCIA data card pulled out.
9-17
Booted up in the car.
9-18
Displaying the Misfire Graphic screen.
9-19
Displaying the Engine Data 1 screen.
9-20
My overall impression after playing with it for a few days. Wow! This thing is cheap, works great, and is of the same build quality as my original. Some of the few differences that I immediately noticed are the buttons feel different and the screen is much brighter. The buttons on my original have a distinct “click” feel to them, and the clones are mushy. However I found that the more that I press them, the clickier they get. The screen being brighter is a plus.
The only thing I’m disappointed by that I didn’t get the case. The other forum member stated that the price would be much more if you got the case. I wish I had done some more research because I found several sellers selling the same thing with the case for around the same price. However, I did feel more comfortable buying from the same source as the other member.
So what am I going to do with it? Well, having multiple Auto Scanner Tool Tech2’s would be handy (one at home, one at the shop), but I think I’m going to give it to my Dad. He’s been talking about getting one because he is jealous of mine. I’m not going to tell him it’s a clone and see if he notices.
Would I recommend this to the ordinary backyard mechanic? YES! With most average scantools being around $150-200 to get ABS and other functions, spending another $100 to being able to access every module and system in the car makes it totally worth it. Most dealers charge a $100+ diagnostic fee just to hook theirs up to your car, what a joke. You can do this yourself and learn more about how your car’s computer works. Buy one now!

http://chinaobdtool.net/2018/08/06/the-gm-tech2-review/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Solve VW Amarok Caddy 2018+ Remote Not Working After Programming

Here comes the general problem of VW Amarok Caddy etc. 2018+ UDS protocol vehicles: 2019 VW Caddy. I spent a few hours programming the Xhorse key using VVDI2 . Also tried TDB1000. Remote function could not be obtained. Every time the programming failed, the original remote stopped working until I scanned and cleared errors. I expected it to work when the transponder was added (Megamos AES). I can’t access remote learning with any of my tools, nor did vvdi2 let me program the remote. I was wondering if anyone could confirm remote learning with transponders or how to learn it if not. Solution: It is not possible for BH remote controls after 2018 at the latest. You will not get any communication with the central locking remote control customization. You need a dealer key 100% and then learn from ODIS. There is no after-market solution, VAG blocked the remote channel on UDS vehicles 2018+. Had the exact same issues with new caddies. So merchant key and Odis ATM since the c...

John Deere Service Advisor 4.2 CF – Construction & Forestry incl. Hitachi + History DVD 2016

John Deere Service Advisor  4.2 CF – Construction & Forestry incl. Hitachi 2/2016 contains detailed information on all the procedures for repair and maintenance, a lot of illustrations, wiring diagrams, electrical and hydraulic circuits for construction and forestry equipment John Deere. Service Advisor contains information about setting up data, troubleshooting procedures, symptoms of malfunctions, the order of disassembly and assembly, adjustment data, torque. Electronic program is designed to handle all maintenance issues, eliminate breakdowns and malfunctions. Installation of this software is very easy and doesn’t require additional knowledge. The program allows you to quickly and easily find information and solve problems with machinery John Deere. This service advisor is designed to work with Windows XP, 7, 8. This software works under Windows 10 but wasn’t tested with EDL adapter and drivers. This version of Service Advisor has built-in hot...

How to get EVAP not ready IM to pass with Tech2

  I’ve been struggling with this for months now and I came across a post of the Cadillac forum where someone mentioned using the GM Tech2 handheld scanner and running the “Evap service bay” test. First you will need the VCX Nano from obd2tool , it comes with the software for Tech2 and  GDS2 emulators and install it on a laptop. The Evap test should be done from a cold start so have everything ready. The reason I failed the Tech2 EVAP test first time was you must keep RPM between 1800-2200 for 8 minutes it was impossible to do that with foot so it failed and i had to wait overnight for a cold start. What i did to fix was I found a piece of wood and placed it between the seat and gas pedal and move the electric seat until RPM is 2000. This worked perfectly I used this when doing brake light testing for inspection as well. *   Have everything set up, I opened hood so it wouldn’t get too hot, connect the VCX Nano to the OBD2 port and your laptop and go to t...