Skip to main content

Testing GM HVAC with Tech2

My HVAC controller was bad. It was not sending commands to operate the actuators. The display was zeros. I bought a new controller and this test shows the commands sent and how the actuators respond.
tech_2_scanner_1
How to test your actuators with GM Tech 2, this is an oaf i’ve cadillac escalade snares oh five that’s going to be like truck going on a Cadillac. this is the K go down to body I have a navigation radio.
tech_2_scanner_2
tech_2_scanner_3
tech_2_scanner_4
This is the auto and you’re wondering what the PHT is it’s a hybrid vehicle very uncommon okay.
tech_2_scanner_5
tech_2_scanner_6
So now scroll down to eating an air conditioning special functions
tech_2_scanner_7
We’re going to output control motor actuator tests air inlet door this doesn’t have any I’m not sure if this vehicle has them to see the zeros there doesn’t appear to be anything it doesn’t change anything so we’re not gonna do anything with that mode one door position so we we do only hit the on button it’s gonna request a 2:38 so you can watch the steps go up to 2:38 or their bounced
tech_2_scanner_8
There we go so we’re pretty close now we turn it off it’s gonna request is the 24 and you can watch it step on down to 24 we’re close to it that looks pretty good.
Now we’ll head exit out go to the right mix door and we hit on and the request is 178 you can watch it go for that real close to it go off its going to try to go to one go to 45 and there it is over to skip an action going on there but came back way back out go to the left mixed door at the on tries to go to 191 it looks good hit the off spam go down to 63 and that looks good back out there’s other tests you can do near the blower motor right now.
tech_2_scanner_9
it’s at 18 boom you hit the on and you see it jump up 89 you can actually hear. it so. I’m gonna hit it off you can see. it turns it off so that that works pretty good. let’s go back out of that and air inside air temperature fan not really sure. what to do there at the end that’s really sure what that’s supposed to really be doing anyway that’ll test your actuators.
Mine appear to be testing how good I put a new module in this car or a control module and for the AC they go right there by this Professional Diagnostic Tool. So I could do that make sure you get the correct part number because there’s a bunch of them all look alike but they
are different in their vehicle-specific.
tech_2_scanner_10
So make sure you get the right part number and match it up with the one you have when you pull it out that’s it

I recommend that you buy gm tech2 on OBD2TOOL website. They are cheap, logistics is fast, and after-sales service is also very good. I have been using it for a year and there is no problem with the quality of the product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Solve VW Amarok Caddy 2018+ Remote Not Working After Programming

Here comes the general problem of VW Amarok Caddy etc. 2018+ UDS protocol vehicles: 2019 VW Caddy. I spent a few hours programming the Xhorse key using VVDI2 . Also tried TDB1000. Remote function could not be obtained. Every time the programming failed, the original remote stopped working until I scanned and cleared errors. I expected it to work when the transponder was added (Megamos AES). I can’t access remote learning with any of my tools, nor did vvdi2 let me program the remote. I was wondering if anyone could confirm remote learning with transponders or how to learn it if not. Solution: It is not possible for BH remote controls after 2018 at the latest. You will not get any communication with the central locking remote control customization. You need a dealer key 100% and then learn from ODIS. There is no after-market solution, VAG blocked the remote channel on UDS vehicles 2018+. Had the exact same issues with new caddies. So merchant key and Odis ATM since the c...

John Deere Service Advisor 4.2 CF – Construction & Forestry incl. Hitachi + History DVD 2016

John Deere Service Advisor  4.2 CF – Construction & Forestry incl. Hitachi 2/2016 contains detailed information on all the procedures for repair and maintenance, a lot of illustrations, wiring diagrams, electrical and hydraulic circuits for construction and forestry equipment John Deere. Service Advisor contains information about setting up data, troubleshooting procedures, symptoms of malfunctions, the order of disassembly and assembly, adjustment data, torque. Electronic program is designed to handle all maintenance issues, eliminate breakdowns and malfunctions. Installation of this software is very easy and doesn’t require additional knowledge. The program allows you to quickly and easily find information and solve problems with machinery John Deere. This service advisor is designed to work with Windows XP, 7, 8. This software works under Windows 10 but wasn’t tested with EDL adapter and drivers. This version of Service Advisor has built-in hot...

How to get EVAP not ready IM to pass with Tech2

  I’ve been struggling with this for months now and I came across a post of the Cadillac forum where someone mentioned using the GM Tech2 handheld scanner and running the “Evap service bay” test. First you will need the VCX Nano from obd2tool , it comes with the software for Tech2 and  GDS2 emulators and install it on a laptop. The Evap test should be done from a cold start so have everything ready. The reason I failed the Tech2 EVAP test first time was you must keep RPM between 1800-2200 for 8 minutes it was impossible to do that with foot so it failed and i had to wait overnight for a cold start. What i did to fix was I found a piece of wood and placed it between the seat and gas pedal and move the electric seat until RPM is 2000. This worked perfectly I used this when doing brake light testing for inspection as well. *   Have everything set up, I opened hood so it wouldn’t get too hot, connect the VCX Nano to the OBD2 port and your laptop and go to t...