Skip to main content

VVDI2 for CAS4CAS4+ by OBD Reviews and 100% Safe Tips

Is it 100% safe to use VVDI2 programmer to program CAS4/CAS4+ key by OBD? The answer is yes, you need to use Esys to program.
How to read & program BMW CAS4 CAS4+ with VVDI2 by OBD Cable?
Just made an extra key to a 14 528i within 15 min by OBD with VVDI2.
No flashing just unlock CAS4 in about 10 min.
vvdi2-cas4-via-obd2-01 vvdi2-cas4-via-obd2-02
I always run a jumper cable from my running van to the BMW I’m working on & never had a problem, only time I bricked a CAS3++ was when I was downgrading & battery died
That’s exactly how I did it & super easy!
VVDI for CAS4 / CAS4+ via OBD Review 1.
Yes. If you read few posts up you will see few people done that.
I did few with obd.
VVDI for CAS4 / CAS4+ via OBD Review 2.
Some it works and others not. The 7 Series I tried about 2 weeks ago, it gave me an error stating CAS4 software version was higher than expected and that if I continued it could corrupt the CAS4. I then did it by VVDI prog and eeprom dump.
The I tried on 5 series F10 and it worked nicely through OBD. Only thing to remember is the part where it shows to PROGRAM DEALER KEY VIA PROGRAMMER or the second one is PROGRAM DEALER KEY VIA IGNITION.
If you select the Programmer option then the wireless function of the key does not work. You need to hold at steering column to start.
If you choose the option PROGRAM VIA IGNITION then everything works 100%.
This has been confirmed by another person who experienced same problem with VVDI2 and CAS4 by OBD.
VVDI for CAS4 / CAS4+ via OBD Review 3.
I did two CAS 4 already with VVDI2 and seems to be funny. I found two issues:
One of them could not reset mileage despite say OK
Another one could not restore coding even with Autohex.
Eventually fixed everything but too long.
Suggestion:
Do you recommend backing up coding with esys first? If you brick the CAS do you think esys could reflash it by obd?
VVDI for CAS4 / CAS4+ via OBD Review 4.
Cas4 by OBD2TOOL is only for key learning.
Its safe because we do not need to write any memory (like mileage…)
Its just read mcu.
And make dealer key.
Like bmwexplorer
How to do:
The cas also needs to be preprocessed, if any error when preprocessing, it also has risk.
So it’s still better to make a backup first…
If you do backup than you don’t need downgrade it. You can generate keys with your backup files
Actually if you look in the pic it vvdi will flash mcu.
Anyway, CAS4 by OBD is going to make BMW a lot of money in spare parts.
Thanks to all the genuine users’ feedback and

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Solve VW Amarok Caddy 2018+ Remote Not Working After Programming

Here comes the general problem of VW Amarok Caddy etc. 2018+ UDS protocol vehicles: 2019 VW Caddy. I spent a few hours programming the Xhorse key using VVDI2 . Also tried TDB1000. Remote function could not be obtained. Every time the programming failed, the original remote stopped working until I scanned and cleared errors. I expected it to work when the transponder was added (Megamos AES). I can’t access remote learning with any of my tools, nor did vvdi2 let me program the remote. I was wondering if anyone could confirm remote learning with transponders or how to learn it if not. Solution: It is not possible for BH remote controls after 2018 at the latest. You will not get any communication with the central locking remote control customization. You need a dealer key 100% and then learn from ODIS. There is no after-market solution, VAG blocked the remote channel on UDS vehicles 2018+. Had the exact same issues with new caddies. So merchant key and Odis ATM since the c...

John Deere Service Advisor 4.2 CF – Construction & Forestry incl. Hitachi + History DVD 2016

John Deere Service Advisor  4.2 CF – Construction & Forestry incl. Hitachi 2/2016 contains detailed information on all the procedures for repair and maintenance, a lot of illustrations, wiring diagrams, electrical and hydraulic circuits for construction and forestry equipment John Deere. Service Advisor contains information about setting up data, troubleshooting procedures, symptoms of malfunctions, the order of disassembly and assembly, adjustment data, torque. Electronic program is designed to handle all maintenance issues, eliminate breakdowns and malfunctions. Installation of this software is very easy and doesn’t require additional knowledge. The program allows you to quickly and easily find information and solve problems with machinery John Deere. This service advisor is designed to work with Windows XP, 7, 8. This software works under Windows 10 but wasn’t tested with EDL adapter and drivers. This version of Service Advisor has built-in hot...

How to update VVDI2 software & firmware to version 6.1.0

(01-2019) vvdi2 6.1.0 update review with how-to’s: (thanks to Luis Villegas) I just did the  Xhorse VVDI2 programmer (software and firmware) and went fine only thing I did different was saves as In DESKTOP once download it I close all the windows and ran the installation and overwrite all the old files I remember it took s while. But mine its working. I just need to learn how to use  also i recall it was not detecting the VVDI2 i had to restart. But yes definitely install. i updated on the VVDI2 program and selected link 1 Firmware update by the upgrade kit and Software i did by mega *** 2018-01-07 *** Require firmware V6.1.0 ===== VAG V6.1.0 ===== 1. Immoprovement for MQB prepare dealer key a). Support change MQB key ID(support GEKO online),require use VVDI proximity remote b). Support save synchronize data when make key with working key c). Support make dealer key with immo data and synchronize data while all key lost 2. VW MQB ...